By Don Silver
At BoardroomPR, our digital PR specialists understand the importance of building your healthcare brand awareness and media presence. What is an effective, targeted creative way to foster engagement for your healthcare practice or facility? With the right strategy, a blog can play an integral role in your business’ overall success. Here are just a few of the many benefits of blogging for your business.
1. Increase Traffic. Interesting blog topics lead to more readers (e.g., clinicians, patients, healthcare administrators, etc.). The more you focus on tending to your healthcare blog, the more likely you are to increase and strengthen your overall audience. Keeping your blog updated on a regular basis and creating a separate blog section for your practice’s site encourages people to continue coming back. Attract more readers by writing new, relevant and engaging content.
2. Attract Inbound Links. Utilizing internal links throughout your blogs is a great way to give people almost instantaneous access to various pages on your site, allowing them to learn more about your healthcare practice and your brand.
3. Expand Brand Awareness. Blogging is extremely helpful when building and maintaining your brand awareness and what sets your practice apart from the rest. It offers constant exposure for your brand online and allows your current and prospective patients to get to know your business on a much more personal level. Seeing a doctor, nurse or clinician requires trust, and a blog is a great way to begin to foster and earn this.
4. Boost Online Engagement. Blogs are a great medium for online engagement. Ask yourself who your targeted audience is—are your patients a certain age, gender, or demographic? —and then create captivating content that you can use to connect to that audience. This will prompt more people to read and share the blog- even leading to conversation between yourself and potential/current patients and other professionals.
5. Social Media Content. Not only are blogs great on your facility’s site, but they also provide intriguing social media content. Incorporate recent blogs within your content calendar, which will invite more conversation. Giving social media followers updates on blog posts will lead to stronger connections while driving traffic back to your site.
6. Demonstrate Dependability and Expertise. Blogging allows you to showcase your abilities and knowledge to the world. Take this opportunity to emphasize your healthcare business’ strengths and where your expertise lies. Giving patients and other healthcare professionals a better understanding of your business’ capabilities offers higher brand loyalty.
7. Grow SEO. Search Engine Optimization is critical when growing your business. While enhancing your healthcare practice’s online presence, you can drive more traffic to various sections of your site.
8. Generate Leads. Improving your search engine optimization ranking through blogging will lead to more brand awareness through your website- offering more opportunity for new patients to find you online, which directly translates into new business.
9. Discuss Important Topics. Blogs help build better relationships with your audience because you can connect on a personal level. This is your chance to discuss important and relevant topics in healthcare, while increasing conversation and giving patients and other clinicians insight into what your values and principles are as a business.
10. Improve Business. Effective blogging helps attract and maintain current and future business. Having a strong blog on your site offers the opportunity for stronger relationships, resulting in profitable outcomes.
If you’re ready to take your healthcare business blogging to the next level, our team of social media and PR experts are here to help! Named one of the top Florida digital marketing and public relations agencies, BoardroomPR offers expertise and insight into how to best elevate your business. Contact us today to see how we can help you! Visit boardroompr.com or call (954) 370-8999.
Don Silver is COO, BoardroomPR.