Primary Care Focus – 20th. Annual
Friday, July 21, 2023 Time: 1 – 6:45 p.m.
Saturday, July 22, 2023 Time: 7:50 – 12:10 p.m.
Sunday, July 23, 2023 Time: 7:30 – 11:30 a.m.
Friday, July 21, 2023 (5.5 Cat. 1)
Saturday, July 22, 2023 (4.0 Cat. 1)
Sunday, July 23, 2023 (4.0 Cat. 1)
13.5 Cat 1 Credits
Overview: The primary care practitioner has the special and important responsibility to diagnose and manage patients with every category of ailment, injury and disease. This symposium will provide practical, evidence-based strategies to strengthen healthcare competencies. Expert faculty will explain recent advances in diagnosis, management and treatment and address compelling issues as they relate to sleep disorders, diabetes treatment, stroke, pain management, chronic kidney disease, human trafficking and orthopedic examinations in the primary care setting.
Target Audience: Family physicians, general internists, psychologists, hospitalists, neurologists, cardiologists, oncologists, gastroenterologists, psychiatrists, infectious disease specialists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, pharmacists, dietitians and respiratory therapists.
Upon completion of this conference, participants should be better able to:
- Identify risk factors for and manage patients with gastrointestinal malignancies.
- Describe the effects of racial disparities in cancer care.
- Apply the most effective measures to treat obstructive sleep apnea.
- Implement cholesterol management setting targets based on individual risk assessment.
- Appropriately evaluate and manage orthopedic physical examinations.
- Recognize early symptoms of stroke and implement appropriate treatment plans.
- Implement new therapeutics in diabetes management.
- Prescribe evidence-based treatments to reduce the progression of chronic kidney disease.
- Recognize signs of human trafficking and become well-versed with the human trafficking response program.
- Identify and properly treat patients with substance abuse and depression.