By Matt Brady
Let’s first journey to NYC and Professor Stan Kachnowski, Director, Digital Health Program, Columbia Business School, as he presents the pre-show digital keynote for FIME 2022 (The Florida International Medical Expo) giving you insight into healthcare’s emerging digital age.
Healthcare is entering a new era, forced in part by the pandemic, that will see explosive digital growth over the next decade, according to Professor Stan Kachnowksi, Director, Columbia Business School Digital Health Program and Chair of HITLAB, an organisation offering digital health research, teaching and advisory services to improve health delivery.
“Over the last two years we would never have had several vaccines available in less than a year for a fatal disease had it not been for digital technologies,” he said. “We just could not have made it big without the rapid recruitment of patients, the rapid collection of data, the rapid analysis of data using massive amounts of computational power, and then the rapid supply chain distribution and implementation of these vaccines.”
While healthcare failed to respond to the dot-com revolution of the last 25 years, today it is catching up with other industries, the professor added, with health systems now virtualising much of what they are doing.
“Infrastructure for the new healthcare system is being built and will continue to grow at an unprecedented rate as the new normal by 2030,” he highlighted. “By 2035 we are going to see virtual visits and remote patient monitoring become the norm. Instead of low-single digits, we are going to see mid-double digit adoption rates over the next 10 years in the US.”
Much of this growth has been catalysed by the pandemic. Patients may now have meaningful interactions with clinicians through a smartphone or computer, saving half a day of their time. In parallel, local and federal governments worldwide have also changed their financing policies for digital health and remote patient monitoring.
Prof. Kachnowski added that the number of digital health companies that created sustainable business models and are now seeing unprecedented year on year growth is “stunning”.
*The above excerpt originally published in Omnia Health Magazine, to get your copy and see the full article and video interview or for more about FIME 2022 this July 27th -29th at Miami Beach Convention Center contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Register FREE https://www.fimeshow.com/en/home.html to join us at FIME 2022 (The Florida International Medical Expo) visit the Transformation Zone and learn more about the transformation of healthcare.
The Transformation Zone, located at the heart of the FIME exhibition – will unveil the latest insights, future predictions, and technological and medical innovations in health care with thought leaders, innovators, industry experts, and tech giants from around the world.
- Healthcare Transformation Talks are tailor-made for C-suite health care leaders who are leading the transformation and innovation of the health care industry. Navigate new possibilities, the latest scientific discoveries, and cutting-edge technology developments with thought leadership from an array of keynote speakers.
- Innov8 Talks a start-up competition that will feature 20 innovative early and middle stage International health tech start-ups, pitching their ground-breaking ideas and battling on stage across three days. The winner will be picked by an esteemed panel of judges which will include industry leaders, investors, government officials and entrepreneurs.
- Product Showcases will offer small and medium-sized health care companies the opportunity to showcase their latest innovative solutions and leading-edge products
- Lessons learnt in adopting and implementing innovation to transform healthcare delivery systems
- A precision health personalized approach to breast cancer screening
- Why are Digital Biomarkers the perfect fit for precision medicine?
- AI in medicine – the time has come
- Voice, Sensors, AI: Emerging Tech for Health
- #BreaktheBias – Women, Capital Funding and Medical Innovation
Benefits of Attending:
- Explore cutting-edge technology developments that are being implemented in healthcare practice today. Visit with over 700 companies connected to the medical industry.
- Review case studies on implementing innovation strategy from the top healthcare providers
- Reflect on your organization’s commitment to champion Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Discover innovative ideas and breakthroughs from start-ups and network with key investors and stakeholders in the industry
- Hear about the latest healthcare products solutions that have hit the market from SMEs
- Register FREE now for FIME 2022 www.fimeshow.com/en/home.html