January 6 2022 – As we continue to experience increased positivity rates throughout our community due to the highly contagious Omicron variant of COVID-19, we are modifying our visitor policy in an abundance of caution.
Effective tomorrow, January 7, 2022, we will not be allowing visitors at our medical center or our physician office locations.
- One visitor per roomed patient will be permitted in our emergency centers in Miami Beach, Aventura and Hialeah. No visitors will be permitted to wait in the lobby.
- One visitor per surgical patient will be permitted during the COVID-19 screening process and registration only. Visitors will not be permitted to stay during the procedure.
- One visitor per patient will be permitted in our Labor and Delivery Unit.
- Only parents will be permitted in the NICU Unit.
- At the sole discretion of the medical center, limited exceptions may be made for certain critically ill patients, or patients at or approaching “end of life.”
- Visitor exceptions are restricted to adults only (18 years+) who have been cleared through our COVID-19 screening process.
- All visitors with an exception must wear a mask at all times.
We will continue to provide updates as needed to keep our community informed of the latest developments.