The Indian River Medical Center (IRMC) Board of Directors has appointed a 9-member Transition and Search Committee to lead the search for our next President and Chief Executive Officer.
“We intend to find a dynamic and experienced leader who will build upon the strong organization we already have, said IRMC Board of Directors Chairman Wayne T. Hockemyer, Ph.D.
The committee includes the following members:
• Wayne T. Hockmeyer, Ph.D., IRMC Board of Directors Chairman
• Jack Pastor, IRMC Board of Directors Vice Chairman
• Jack Weisbaum, IRMC Board of Directors Treasurer
• Gerri Smith, IRMC Board of Directors Secretary
• Hal Brown, M.D., IRMC Chief of Staff
• John Lindenthal, M.D., IRMC Vice Chief of Staff
• Tony Woodruff, IRMC Foundation Board Chairman
• Marybeth Cunningham, Indian River County Hospital District Board Chairwoman
• Karen R. Deigl, Indian River County Hospital District Trustee
Additionally, the Board has retained the search and leadership firm, Spencer Stuart, to facilitate the search committee’s process. Initial steps in the search process will include; interviews with IRMC employees, medical staff and auxiliary, as well as community members and the development of a position specification.
Spencer Stuart is a premier executive search and leadership advisory firm focused on assessment, recruitment and succession planning for companies and organizations across the globe. Privately held since 1956, Spencer Stuart brings knowledge, insight and results through the collaborative efforts of a team of experts — spanning 56 offices, 30 countries and more than 50 practice specialties – including a health care practice which specializes in c-suite placements at hospitals and health systems throughout the US.
Indian River Medical Center, affiliated with Duke Health in heart and cancer, is a 332-bed, not-for-profit hospital that offers comprehensive services. Its team of healthcare professionals includes more than 300 physicians on staff representing 41 different specialties including: minimally invasive open heart surgery, neurosurgery, robotic surgery, and bariatric surgery. Founded by Garnett Radin, R.N., in 1932, IRMC features all private rooms and is the largest private-sector employer in Indian River County. IRMC is accredited by The Joint Commission and was recently recognized by U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals.